In the News
- Hoan-Vu Do was profiled on the San José State University's School of Library and Information Science (SLIS) web site after receiving the 2011 SLIS H.W. Wilson Scholarship, which will support his MLIS studies and career goals in science librarianship. Do became an LDC scholar in the 2010-2011 academic year and continues as an LDC scholar for the 2011-2012 academic year.
- Elisabeth Newbold, branch manager with the San Diego County Library system and LDC grant recipent for both the 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 academic years, has had her reseach published as a chapter in Advances in Librarianship, Vol. 33. Her chapter, titled "Emerging Trends in Native American Tribal Libraries," discusses the history and present status of tribal libraries in San Diego County. The chapter can be downloaded by clicking here and is provided courtesy of Elisabeth and of Emerald Publishing, the copyright holder.
- Vera Skop, Project Director, was recently profiled in a publication for University of California, San Diego alumni. To see the article, click here.
- Read a full description of our program from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) web site.
- Two of the 2009-2010 grant recipients were profiled on the San José State University's School of Library and Information Science (SLIS) web site in spring 2010. Click to read profiles on Young-Soon Kwon and Lizeth Legaspi. Both Kwon and Legspi continued as LDC grant recipients for the 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 years.
- Lizeth Legaspi was also featured in an article in the Fall 2010 Washington Square Magazine, the quarterly alumni magazine for San José State University.
- Read the original Press Release (PDF) about our program.
For more information please contact Michelle Donez at [email protected] or by calling her at (619) 206-2790.